An applicant for a visit visa or leave to enter as a visitor must not intend to work in the United Kingdom1 unless expressly allowed by the permitted activities under the rules2. 'Work' includes the following:
(1) taking employment in the United Kingdom3;
(2) doing work for an organisation or business in the United Kingdom4;
(3) establishing or running a business as a self-employed person5;
(4) doing a work placement or internship6;
(5) direct selling to the public7;
(6) providing goods and services8.
Permitted activities must not amount to the applicant taking employment or
**Trials are provided to all LexisPSL and LexisLibrary content, excluding Practice Compliance, Practice Management and Risk and Compliance, subscription packages are tailored to your specific needs. To discuss trialling these LexisPSL services please email customer service via our online form. Free trials are only available to individuals based in the UK. We may terminate this trial at any time or decide not to give a trial, for any reason. Trial includes one question to LexisAsk during the length of the trial.
To view the latest version of this document and millions of others like it, sign-in to LexisLibrary or register for a free trial.
EXISTING USER? SIGN IN
TAKE A FREE TRIAL
0330 161 1234