361. Issue of a derivative residence card.

361.     Issue of a derivative residence card.

The Secretary of State1 must issue a person with a derivative residence card on application and on production of both a valid national identity card issued by an EEA state2 or a valid passport and proof that the applicant has a derivative right of residence3. On receipt of such an application the Secretary of State must issue the applicant with a certificate of application as soon as possible4. The derivative residence card must be issued as soon as practicable5.

A derivative residence card is valid until the date five years