121. Indefinite leave to remain as a partner.

The requirements to be met by a person seeking indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom1 as the partner2 of a British citizen in the United Kingdom3, a person present and settled in the United Kingdom4 or a person in the United Kingdom with refugee leave or with humanitarian protection5, are that:


    (1)     the applicant and their partner must be in the United Kingdom6;


    (2)     the applicant must have made a valid application for indefinite leave to remain as a partner7;


    (3)     the applicant must not fall for refusal under any of the suitability requirements for indefinite leave8;