In order to make an application for an extension of stay as a visitor the applicant:
(1) must be in the United Kingdom as a visitor1;
(2) must make a valid application2;
(3) must satisfy the decision maker that they continue to meet all the suitability and eligibility requirements for a visit visa3;
(4) must not be in the United Kingdom in breach of immigration laws4;
(5) if the applicant is applying for an extension of stay as a visitor for the purpose of receiving private medical treatment they must also:
(a) satisfy the decision maker they have met
**Trials are provided to all LexisPSL and LexisLibrary content, excluding Practice Compliance, Practice Management and Risk and Compliance, subscription packages are tailored to your specific needs. To discuss trialling these LexisPSL services please email customer service via our online form. Free trials are only available to individuals based in the UK. We may terminate this trial at any time or decide not to give a trial, for any reason. Trial includes one question to LexisAsk during the length of the trial.
To view the latest version of this document and millions of others like it, sign-in to LexisLibrary or register for a free trial.
EXISTING USER? SIGN IN
TAKE A FREE TRIAL
0330 161 1234