430. Children of relatives who are present and settled in the United Kingdom or are former refugees or beneficiaries of humanitarian protection and are now British citizens.

To qualify for indefinite leave to remain as the child of a relative who is present and settled1 in the United Kingdom2 an applicant must3:


    (1)     be seeking to remain with a parent4, parents or a relative in one of specified circumstances5;


    (2)     have, or have had, limited leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom6;


    (3)     not be leading an independent life, be unmarried, and not have formed an independent family unit7;


    (4)     be accommodated adequately by the parent, parents or relative the child was admitted to join, without recourse to public funds8