149. Adopted children seeking indefinite leave to enter.

The requirements to be met in the case of a child1 seeking indefinite leave to enter the United Kingdom2 as the adopted child of a parent3 or parents present and settled4 or being admitted for settlement in the United Kingdom are that:


    (1)     he is seeking leave to enter to accompany or join an adoptive parent or parents in one of the specified circumstances5;


    (2)     he is under the age of 186;


    (3)     he is not leading an independent life, is unmarried and is not a civil partner, and has not formed an independent family unit7;


    (4)     he can,