For the purpose of establishing 'refugee'1 status an act of persecution2 may take the form of3:
(1) an act of physical or mental violence, including an act of sexual violence4;
(2) a legal, administrative, police, or judicial measure which in itself is discriminatory or which is implemented in a discriminatory manner5;
(3) prosecution or punishment, which is disproportionate or discriminatory6;
(4) denial of judicial redress resulting in a disproportionate or discriminatory punishment7; or
(5) prosecution or punishment for refusal to perform military service in a conflict, where performing military service would include prohibited
**Trials are provided to all LexisPSL and LexisLibrary content, excluding Practice Compliance, Practice Management and Risk and Compliance, subscription packages are tailored to your specific needs. To discuss trialling these LexisPSL services please email customer service via our online form. Free trials are only available to individuals based in the UK. We may terminate this trial at any time or decide not to give a trial, for any reason. Trial includes one question to LexisAsk during the length of the trial.
To view the latest version of this document and millions of others like it, sign-in to LexisLibrary or register for a free trial.
EXISTING USER? SIGN IN
TAKE A FREE TRIAL
0330 161 1234