350. Employment medical advisers.

Only a fully registered medical practitioner1 is qualified to be an employment medical adviser2. The authority for the time being responsible for the Employment Medical Advisory Service3 may determine the cases and circumstances in which the advisers or any of them are to perform the duties or exercise the powers conferred on them by the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 or otherwise4. The authority may also appoint a person to be the chief employment medical adviser or a deputy chief employment medical adviser5.

It is the duty of the Secretary of State or other authority to secure