344. Appeals from improvement or prohibition notice.

A person on whom an improvement notice or a prohibition notice1 is served may, within such period from the date of its service as may be prescribed2, appeal to an employment tribunal3, and on such appeal the tribunal may either cancel or affirm the notice4 and, if it affirms it, may do so either in its original form or with such modifications as it may in the circumstances think fit5.

Where such an appeal is brought against a notice within the period allowed6, then: (1) in the case of an improvement notice, the bringing of the appeal has the effect