102. Waterways.

Where a river, stream or canal1 passes through or is adjacent to the property being purchased a waterways search, made by letter or through a commercial provider or electronic service provider should be made. A plan of the property is required and a fee is payable for the search. Enquiries should be raised to obtain information about the ownership of river and canal banks, the liability for maintenance and repair of the banks, fishing rights, water abstraction licences, drainage rights, liability for flooding from rivers and rights of way affecting towpaths. The relevant authority should also be notified after