403. Roads and drains.

The buyer's solicitor must check whether the roads and street lighting adjoining the property are or will be publicly maintained. The seller may have entered into an agreement with the local highway authority for that authority to adopt the highway and maintain it at public expense1. Such an agreement should be supported by a bond which will guarantee sufficient money to allow the making up of the road to the proper standards required by the highway authority in case of default by the developer. A copy of the agreement2 and bond should be supplied to the buyer's solicitor with