Completion of most contracts occurs within a short period following exchange of contracts. In practice registration of the contract is uncommon but may need to be considered in the following circumstances:
(1) there is to be a long interval (for example more than two months) between contract and completion;
(2) there is reason to doubt the seller's good faith;
(3) a dispute arises between the seller and buyer;
(4) the seller delays completion beyond the contractual date;
(5) the purchase price is to be paid by instalments, the purchase deed to be executed after payment of the final instalment;
**Trials are provided to all LexisPSL and LexisLibrary content, excluding Practice Compliance, Practice Management and Risk and Compliance, subscription packages are tailored to your specific needs. To discuss trialling these LexisPSL services please email customer service via our online form. Free trials are only available to individuals based in the UK. We may terminate this trial at any time or decide not to give a trial, for any reason. Trial includes one question to LexisAsk during the length of the trial.
To view the latest version of this document and millions of others like it, sign-in to LexisLibrary or register for a free trial.
EXISTING USER? SIGN IN
TAKE A FREE TRIAL
0330 161 1234