Subject to the exceptions contained in the Land Registration Act 2002 a person is entitled to be indemnified by the registrar1 if he suffers loss by reason of:
(1) rectification of the register;
(2) a mistake whose correction would involve rectification of the register;
(3) a mistake in an official search;
(4) a mistake in an official copy;
(5) a mistake in a document kept by the registrar which is not an original and is referred to in the register;
(6) the loss or destruction of a document lodged at the registry for inspection or safe custody;
**Trials are provided to all LexisPSL and LexisLibrary content, excluding Practice Compliance, Practice Management and Risk and Compliance, subscription packages are tailored to your specific needs. To discuss trialling these LexisPSL services please email customer service via our online form. Free trials are only available to individuals based in the UK. We may terminate this trial at any time or decide not to give a trial, for any reason. Trial includes one question to LexisAsk during the length of the trial.
To view the latest version of this document and millions of others like it, sign-in to LexisLibrary or register for a free trial.
EXISTING USER? SIGN IN
TAKE A FREE TRIAL
0330 161 1234