168. Foreign companies.

Companies registered other than in England, Scotland and Wales are regarded as foreign companies1. An application by a foreign company to be registered as proprietor of registered land must be accompanied by evidence of the extent of its powers to hold and deal with land2. The evidence must include the charter, memorandum and articles of association or other documents constituting the company or a certificate in Form 7 or Form 83.

When applying to the Land Registry to register a charge created by an overseas company, the applicant must either supply evidence that the charge has been registered by the