24. Energy performance of buildings.

Where a building is to be sold or rented out, the seller or landlord is required to make available free of charge a valid energy performance certificate (EPC)1 to any prospective buyer or tenant at the earliest opportunity2 and in any event no later than whichever is the earlier of:


    (1)     in the case of a person who requests information about the building, the time at which the relevant person first makes available any information in writing about the building to the person3; or


    (2)     in the case of a person who makes a request to view the building,