305. Adverse possession.

A person claiming to be in adverse possession of unregistered land may make an application to the Land Registry1 for first registration on the basis that, under the provisions of the Limitation Act 1980, 2the documentary title owner is barred from obtaining possession of the land3. The application must be accompanied by one or more statutory declarations or statements of truth in Form ST1 providing evidence of the adverse occupation for a minimum of 12 years to show the applicant's entitlement to be registered