708. Claim in tort.

To recover damages in tort for negligence in respect of loss of or damage to goods, a claimant must show that he had either the legal ownership of the goods or a possessory title to them at the time of the loss or damage1. Mere equitable property is insufficient unless accompanied by a possessory title2. For this purpose, a possessory title may include a right of possession as well as possession itself3. At common law, where a party having an immediate right to the possession of goods sues in tort in respect of that interest, he can recover damages