The current building regulations1 impose less detailed control than earlier regulations. Detail is now to be found in the documents containing practical guidance which are approved by the appropriate national authority2.
'Building work' means:
(1) the erection or extension of a building3;
(2) the provision or extension of a controlled service or fitting4 in connection with a building5;
(3) the material alteration6 of a building, or a controlled service or fitting7;
(4) work required8 in relation to a material change of use9;
(5) the insertion of insulating material into the cavity wall of a building10;
(6) work involving the underpinning
**Trials are provided to all LexisPSL and LexisLibrary content, excluding Practice Compliance, Practice Management and Risk and Compliance, subscription packages are tailored to your specific needs. To discuss trialling these LexisPSL services please email customer service via our online form. Free trials are only available to individuals based in the UK. We may terminate this trial at any time or decide not to give a trial, for any reason. Trial includes one question to LexisAsk during the length of the trial.
To view the latest version of this document and millions of others like it, sign-in to LexisLibrary or register for a free trial.
EXISTING USER? SIGN IN
TAKE A FREE TRIAL
0330 161 1234