107. Replacement of earth closets etc.

If a building has a sufficient water supply and sewer1 available2, the local authority3 may by notice4 to the owner5 of the building require that any closets6, other than water closets7, provided for, or in connection with, the building must be replaced by water closets, notwithstanding that the closets are not insufficient in number and are not prejudicial to health8 or a nuisance9. Such a notice must require the owner to execute the necessary works, or require that the authority itself must be allowed to execute them, and must state the effect of head (1) and head (2) below10.