25. Giving of a building notice or deposit of plans.

A person who intends to:


    (1)     carry out building work1;


    (2)     replace or renovate a thermal element in a building to which the energy efficiency requirements apply2;


    (3)     make a change to a building's energy status3; or


    (4)     make a material change of use4,

must give5 to the local authority a building notice6, or deposit full plans7 with the local authority8. A person must deposit full plans where he intends to carry out:


    (a)     building work in relation to a building to which the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 20059 applies, or will apply after the completion of the building