100. Drainage of building.

If it appears to a local authority1 that in the case of a building:


    (1)     satisfactory provision has not been, and ought to be, made for drainage2;


    (2)     a cesspool3, private sewer4, drain5, soil pipe, rain water pipe, spout, sink or other necessary appliance provided for the building is insufficient or, in the case of a private sewer or drain communicating directly or indirectly with a public sewer6, is so defective as to admit subsoil water7;


    (3)     a cesspool or other such work or appliance mentioned in head (2) above provided for the building is in such a condition