65. Appeal against refusal etc to relax building regulations.

If a local authority1 refuses an application to dispense with or relax a requirement in building regulations2 that it has power to dispense with or relax, the applicant may by notice3 in writing appeal to the appropriate national authority within one month from the date on which the local authority notifies the applicant of its refusal4. If, within a period of two months beginning with the date of an application5, or such extended period as may at any time be agreed in writing between the applicant and the local authority6, the local authority does not notify the applicant of