207. The resident engineer and the clerk of works.

The person named in the contract as the engineer or the architect may not be required by the employer to give constant attention to the day-to-day supervision of the works1. A resident engineer or clerk of works may be appointed for this purpose and may also be authorised by the employer to exercise delegated powers of the engineer or architect2. On engineering contracts the resident engineer may be appointed from the staff of the consulting engineer or may be appointed and paid by the employer and in this event the resident engineer, even though working under the control of