304. Noise.

A local authority exercises special control over noise in respect of: (1) the erection, construction, alteration, repair or maintenance of buildings, structures or roads; (2) breaking up, opening or boring under any road or adjacent land in connection with the construction, inspection, maintenance or removal of works; (3) demolition and dredging works; and (4) whether or not also comprised in heads (1) to (3) above, any work of engineering construction1. In such situations the authority may serve a notice imposing requirements as to the way the works are to be carried out2.

The fact that such a notice has been