391. In general.

Proceedings in respect of building or engineering contracts are generally commenced in the Queen's Bench Division of the High Court (or in the county court within the applicable jurisdictional limits)1. Certain types of building or engineering contract claims, for example those related to the shipping or petrochemical industries (such as contracts for oil rigs or production platforms), are sometimes commenced and retained in the Commercial Court. However, all High Court claims concerning building contracts or professional negligence in the construction industry are, as a matter of general practice, now commenced as or liable to be transferred to be dealt