493. Compulsory acquisition.

If a person served with a notice to treat1 by an authority possessing powers of compulsory acquisition2 does not agree with the authority as to the amount of compensation to be paid for his interest in the land or for any damage sustained by him by reason of the execution of the works, the question of the disputed compensation must be referred to the Upper Tribunal3. If a person claims compensation in respect of any land which has been taken for, or injuriously affected by, the execution of works, any dispute as to the compensation must likewise be referred