204. Architects and engineers.

In large contracts, the employer will usually1 require the services of a professionally qualified person to design2 the work, to prepare the contract documents and to ensure compliance with the requirements of planning3 and building regulations4. Usually the person chosen to design a building or building works will be a professionally qualified architect (or a firm or company of architects) and the person engaged to design civil and other types of engineering works will be a chartered or other qualified engineer and a member of an institution such as the Institution of Civil Engineers, the Institution of Structural Engineers,