442. Acquisition by war wives and widows by registration: Hong Kong.

The Secretary of State1 may, on an application made for the purpose, register as a British citizen any woman who, before 18 July 19962, was the recipient or intended recipient of a UK settlement letter3 if: (1) she has her residence, or principal residence, in Hong Kong; (2) where she is no longer married to the man in recognition of whose service the assurance was given, she has not remarried; and (3) the Secretary of State is satisfied that she is of good character