460. Acquisition by naturalisation: spouses and civil partners of British overseas territories citizens.

An applicant who, on the date of the application1, is married to a British overseas territories citizen2 or is the civil partner of such a citizen, is eligible for naturalisation as a British overseas territories citizen, and may be granted a certificate of naturalisation by the Secretary of State3 if the following requirements4 are fulfilled5:


    (1)     the applicant is of full age and capacity6, and is of good character7;


    (2)     the applicant has a sufficient knowledge of the English language or any other language recognised for official purposes in the relevant territory8;


    (3)     the applicant was in the relevant