386. Dispute resolution procedure.

Where a dispute arises1 or is deemed to have arisen2 between a building owner and an adjoining owner in respect of any matter connected with any work to which the Party Wall etc Act 1996 relates, the dispute is resolved by operating the statutory procedure as described below3, leading to an award by a surveyor or surveyors4. Either both parties must concur in the appointment of one surveyor (known as an 'agreed surveyor')5, or each party must appoint a surveyor6 and the two surveyors so appointed must forthwith select a third surveyor7 (all of whom together are known as