296. Inquiry into bankrupt's dealings and property.

At any time after a bankruptcy order has been made1 the court may, on the application of the official receiver or the trustee of the bankrupt's estate2, summon to appear before it:


    (1)     the bankrupt or the bankrupt's spouse or former spouse or civil partner or former civil partner;


    (2)     any person known or believed to have any property comprised in the bankrupt's estate in his possession or to be indebted to the bankrupt;


    (3)     any person appearing to the court to be able to give information concerning the bankrupt or the bankrupt's dealings, affairs3 or property4.

The court may