621. Certificate of discharge from bankruptcy made otherwise than on a bankruptcy application.

A bankrupt may apply to the court for a certificate of discharge where the bankruptcy order was made otherwise than on a bankruptcy application1. Where it appears to the court that the bankrupt is discharged, whether by expiration of time or otherwise, the court must deliver a certificate of discharge to the former bankrupt2.

The certificate of discharge must be headed 'Certificate of Discharge' and must contain:


    (1)     identification details for the proceedings;


    (2)     the date of the bankruptcy order;


    (3)     the statement that the former bankrupt was discharged from bankruptcy;


    (4)     the date of discharge from bankruptcy; and