622. Certificate of discharge from bankruptcy made on a bankruptcy application.

A bankrupt may apply to the official receiver for a certificate of discharge where the bankruptcy order was made on a bankruptcy application1. The bankrupt must send the application to the official receiver with the prescribed fee2.

Where it appears to the official receiver that the bankrupt is discharged, the official receiver must deliver a certificate of discharge to the former bankrupt by electronic means3.

The certificate of discharge must be headed 'Certificate of Discharge' and must contain:


    (1)     identification details for the former bankrupt;


    (2)     the date of the bankruptcy order;


    (3)     a statement that the former bankrupt was discharged