1118. Issue of national certificates of airworthiness.

The Civil Aviation Authority ('CAA')1 must issue a national certificate of airworthiness2 in respect of a non-EASA aircraft3 if it is satisfied that the aircraft is fit to fly, having regard to:


    (1)     the design, construction, workmanship and materials of the aircraft (including in particular any engines fitted to it), and of any equipment carried in the aircraft which it considers necessary for the airworthiness of that aircraft4; and


    (2)     the results of flying trials and such other tests of the aircraft as it may require