862. Contributions by air travel organisers to Air Travel Trust.

The Secretary of State may by regulations make provision for and in connection with requiring persons applying for licences1 to make contributions to the Air Travel Trust2 in relation to the periods for which their licences are to be issued3.

A person who applies for and who is granted a licence which commences on or after the 1 April 2008 must make contributions to the Air Travel Trust4. The Civil Aviation Authority ('CAA')5 may, after complying with the prescribed consultation requirements6 and with the approval of the Secretary of State, suspend the requirement to make contributions in respect of any