921. Compensation.

921.     Compensation.

Any person having an interest in land the value of which is diminished in consequence of the coming into operation of an order creating rights in relation to land1 is entitled to recover compensation for the diminution2.

If an interest in land is subject to a mortgage3, compensation is assessed as if the interest were not so subject4, although a mortgagee is entitled to claim compensation5; the compensation payable for the interest in land is paid to such of the claimants as the Secretary of State thinks proper,