A money award, called 'prize money'1, may be made to officers and crew2 for their services:
(1) in the salvage of any ship or cargo3;
(2) as prize salvage for the recapture of any British ship or aircraft or goods taken by the enemy in war4;
(3) in any seizure for breach of any law relating to customs and excise5 or under any Act relating to piracy6;
(4) in any seizure for breach of the law relating to foreign enlistment7; or
(5) for any other special service in respect of which any reward is payable8.
This reward is also payable
**Trials are provided to all LexisPSL and LexisLibrary content, excluding Practice Compliance, Practice Management and Risk and Compliance, subscription packages are tailored to your specific needs. To discuss trialling these LexisPSL services please email customer service via our online form. Free trials are only available to individuals based in the UK. We may terminate this trial at any time or decide not to give a trial, for any reason. Trial includes one question to LexisAsk during the length of the trial.
To view the latest version of this document and millions of others like it, sign-in to LexisLibrary or register for a free trial.
EXISTING USER? SIGN IN
TAKE A FREE TRIAL
0330 161 1234