No benefit1 is payable under the post-2005 scheme to or in respect of a person by reason of an injury2 sustained by a member3, the worsening of an injury, or death which is caused (wholly or predominantly)4 by:
(1) the use or effect of tobacco5;
(2) the consumption of alcohol6;
(3) the non-therapeutic use of drugs7;
(4) consensual sexual activity8;
(5) events, experiences, exposures and activities occurring before the member or former member of the forces entered service except where an injury is made worse by service within the terms of the scheme
**Trials are provided to all LexisPSL and LexisLibrary content, excluding Practice Compliance, Practice Management and Risk and Compliance, subscription packages are tailored to your specific needs. To discuss trialling these LexisPSL services please email customer service via our online form. Free trials are only available to individuals based in the UK. We may terminate this trial at any time or decide not to give a trial, for any reason. Trial includes one question to LexisAsk during the length of the trial.
To view the latest version of this document and millions of others like it, sign-in to LexisLibrary or register for a free trial.
EXISTING USER? SIGN IN
TAKE A FREE TRIAL
0330 161 1234