(1) a person aged under 18 is convicted by the Court Martial1 of an offence2 of criminal conduct3;
(2) the offence is a specified violent, sexual or terrorism offence4;
(3) the Court Martial is of the opinion that there is a significant risk to members of the public of serious harm occasioned by the commission by the offender of further such offences5;
(4) the Court Martial is not required6 to impose a sentence of imprisonment for life7; and
(5) if the court were to impose an extended sentence of detention8 as a result of these provisions, the term
**Trials are provided to all LexisPSL and LexisLibrary content, excluding Practice Compliance, Practice Management and Risk and Compliance, subscription packages are tailored to your specific needs. To discuss trialling these LexisPSL services please email customer service via our online form. Free trials are only available to individuals based in the UK. We may terminate this trial at any time or decide not to give a trial, for any reason. Trial includes one question to LexisAsk during the length of the trial.
To view the latest version of this document and millions of others like it, sign-in to LexisLibrary or register for a free trial.
EXISTING USER? SIGN IN
TAKE A FREE TRIAL
0330 161 1234