566. Abandonment of appeal.

Where an appellant1 wants to abandon an application to the Court Martial Appeal Court2 for permission to appeal3 or an appeal, he may abandon the application or appeal without the court's permission by serving notice of abandonment on: (1) the registrar4; and (2) any other person on whom the registrar or the appellant served an appeal notice5, before any hearing of the application or appeal, but at any such hearing, may only abandon that application with the Appeal Court's permission6. Such a notice of abandonment must be in writing and be signed by the appellant or his legal representative