476. The College.

The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons was incorporated in 1844 by royal charter, and this charter, and two supplemental charters granted in 1876 and 1879, were confirmed by statute1. Further charters have been granted to the college from time to time2, the most recent one being in 1967, which revoked all previous supplemental charters together with a substantial portion of the charter of 1844. It restates and consolidates provisions of the previous charters relating to the administration of the college which are not covered by the Veterinary Surgeons Act 1966. The college has perpetual succession and a common seal3.

The