The local authorities responsible for executing and enforcing the Animal Health Act 1981 and every order of the appropriate authority1 so far as these are to be executed and enforced by the local authorities are:
(1) in London boroughs, the borough councils;
(2) in the City of London (and for the purpose of the statutory provisions relating to imported animals2, Greater London), the Common Council of the City of London;
(3) in non-metropolitan counties, the county councils;
(4) in county boroughs, the county borough councils; and
(5) in metropolitan districts, the district councils3.
Where the district of a local authority
**Trials are provided to all LexisPSL and LexisLibrary content, excluding Practice Compliance, Practice Management and Risk and Compliance, subscription packages are tailored to your specific needs. To discuss trialling these LexisPSL services please email customer service via our online form. Free trials are only available to individuals based in the UK. We may terminate this trial at any time or decide not to give a trial, for any reason. Trial includes one question to LexisAsk during the length of the trial.
To view the latest version of this document and millions of others like it, sign-in to LexisLibrary or register for a free trial.
EXISTING USER? SIGN IN
TAKE A FREE TRIAL
0330 161 1234