172. Performing animals.

A person who keeps or trains animals for exhibition in the course of a business for educational or entertainment purposes in England must be licensed by a local authorityA1.

A person who exhibits1 or trains2 any performing animal3 in Wales must be registered with a local authority4. These provisions do not apply to the training of animals for bona fide military, police, agricultural or sporting purposes, or the exhibition of any animals so trained5. A non-registered person who exhibits or trains a performing animal in Wales6 or who applies to be registered when disqualified7, a registered person who exhibits or