The following offences under the Zoo Licensing Act 1981 are punishable on summary conviction with a fine not exceeding level 4 on the standard scale1:
(1) operating a zoo without a licence2;
(2) failure without reasonable excuse to comply with any condition attached to a zoo's licence3;
(3) intentionally obstructing a person acting in pursuance of an authorisation to enter premises4;
(4) failure by a licence holder, without reasonable excuse, to comply with a requirement in a direction to close the zoo or a section of it to the public in accordance with the direction5;
(5) failure without reasonable
**Trials are provided to all LexisPSL and LexisLibrary content, excluding Practice Compliance, Practice Management and Risk and Compliance, subscription packages are tailored to your specific needs. To discuss trialling these LexisPSL services please email customer service via our online form. Free trials are only available to individuals based in the UK. We may terminate this trial at any time or decide not to give a trial, for any reason. Trial includes one question to LexisAsk during the length of the trial.
To view the latest version of this document and millions of others like it, sign-in to LexisLibrary or register for a free trial.
EXISTING USER? SIGN IN
TAKE A FREE TRIAL
0330 161 1234