457. Membership and functions of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.

Any person who has obtained a university degree in veterinary surgery at certain recognised universities in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland or who has passed examinations in veterinary surgery held by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons at other universities in the United Kingdom1, or who holds Commonwealth or foreign qualifications2 in veterinary surgery and has satisfied the council of the college by examination or otherwise, that he has the requisite knowledge and skill to fit him for practising veterinary surgery in the United Kingdom3, is entitled to be registered in the register of veterinary surgeons4