256. Licensing of riding establishments.

A person who, in England, hires out horses in the course of a business for either or both of the purposes of riding and instruction in riding must be licensed by a local authorityA1.

No person may keep a riding establishment in Wales, that is to say, carry on the business of keeping horses1 either for letting out on hire for riding or for providing riding instruction in return for payment, or both2, except under the authority of a licence granted by the appropriate local authority3. No one who is disqualified from keeping a riding establishment4, from keeping a pet