260. Licences for keeping dangerous wild animals.

An application for a licence for keeping dangerous wild animals must specify the species of animal and the number of animals of each species proposed to be kept and the premises where they are to be held1. The applicant must normally be the person who both owns and possesses the animal or animals, or who proposes to do so2. No-one under 18, nor anyone disqualified from keeping a dangerous wild animal, may apply for a licence3. The local authority must not grant a licence unless it is satisfied that it is not contrary to the public interest to do