147. Requirement for a general licence to move animals.

No one may move an animal1 from any premises2 unless the movement is made under the authority of a licence issued by the Welsh Ministers, the Secretary of State3 or an inspector4. This does not apply to any movement authorised by a walking licence5 issued to a keeper of a pet pig6.

The licence, permit or authorisation must be in writing, may be general or specific, may be subject to conditions and may be varied, suspended or revoked at any time by notice in writing issued:


    (1)     by the Secretary of State or the Welsh Ministers, in the case of