323. Requests for assistance.

323.     Requests for assistance.

The Gangmasters and Labour Abuse Authority1 may request any of the following to provide assistance to the Authority or any of its officers:


    (1)     a chief officer of police for a police area in England and Wales;


    (2)     the Director General of the National Crime Agency;


    (3)     a person appointed as an immigration officer2;


    (4)     any other person prescribed or of a prescribed3 description4.

The Authority may make such a request only if it considers that the assistance would facilitate the exercise of any function by the Authority or any of its officers5.