52. Enforcement authorities, inspectors and analysts.

In England, it is the duty of each county council1, metropolitan district council and London borough council2, and the Common Council of the City of London3, to enforce the legislation relating to fertilisers and feeding stuffs4 in their areas5. The health authority of the Port of London6 has the same duty as respects the district of the Port of London7. In Wales, the duty to enforce the legislation falls on each county and county borough council8.

Subject to default powers conferred on the Secretary of State and the Welsh Ministers9